Some Known Details About Vaughan Ontario Map
Table of ContentsThe Greatest Guide To Vaughan Ontario TimeHow Vaughan Ontario Weather can Save You Time, Stress, and Money.The Buzz on Vaughan Ontario HotelsSome Known Factual Statements About Vaughan Ontario The Best Guide To Vaughan Ontario WeatherSome Known Details About Vaughan Ontario Apartments Some Of Vaughan Ontario
John Lyons passed away in 1814, and his mills and various other property were purchased by William Purdy, that added numerous renovations. His kids, in connection with their cousin, William Wright, constructed a tannery and grist mill. The Lyons' mill was later on used as a carding and full-'ng mill. A fire in 1828 consumed the brand-new flour mill developed by Mr.After his failure the residential or commercial property fell under the hands of David Macdougall & Co. They were unfavorable, the primary buildings being ruined by succeeding fires. In 1820 Henry White developed a distillery further up the stream. On whole lot 34, giving in 1, Nicholas Caber, a German, constructed a saw-mill in 1825, which was ruined by an incendiary fire five years later, being rebuilt the list below year.
10 Easy Facts About Vaughan Ontario Time Described
It was once again shed and reconstructed, and is still in procedure. On whole lot 36, in the very same giving in, Barnabas Lyons, a boy of John Lyons, formerly pointed out, built a sawmill in the year 1839, which was functioned for regarding thirty years. Hiram Dexter built a saw-mill 011 whole lot 37, in the year 1836, which functioned for years.
Patterson started procedures by the building of a saw-mill, after that establishing below the substantial ranch implement factory to which the place owes its success. On whole lot 41. in the same concession, a saw-mill was constructed by Sandwich Purr in the year 1828, which was worked for regarding twenty years. Mr.
Not known Factual Statements About Vaughan Ontario Time
Rowland Burr, his boy, was among the most noted mid and manufacturing facility home builders in the very early days. lie set up a tlour millknown as the Greenfield Millon whole lot 41, which was leased to Mr (Vaughan ON). Shephard, and was damaged by fire about the year 1840. C. E. Lawrence constructed a saw-mill on great deal 42, m 1834, and 6 years after that constructed a carding and fulling mill and woollen factory, which he benefited several years, till his death, after which it transformed hands frequently.
Atkinson afterwards came under financial problems, and his property was bought by Edward Hawke, of Toronto. This mill is still in great functioning order. A double-geared saw-mill was erected on whole lots 45 and 46 by James Playter in 1848, which is still extant. Higher up, on the same branch of the stream, stood a distillery developed by James McDavids in 1844.
Not known Factual Statements About Vaughan On
Mr. Langstaff additionally had an execute factory on an additional little branch of the Don, in the instant neighbourhood. This was built in 1850, a steel data factory being later on added. On lot 50, giving in 1, a saw-mill was constructed, in 1842, by a guy named Heslop, and worked for years.
In all, there have been initial to vaughan on a map last twelve saw-mills, seven grist mills, and three distilleries, improved the Don and its tributaries in Vaughan Town. The settlement of Vaughan was completed regarding thirty-five years after the arrival of the leaders. The basic personality of the land is clay and clay loam; 19,266 acres being hefty clay, 41,074 acres clay loam, 5,670 acres sandy loam, and 1,500 acres sand.

The Best Guide To Vaughan Ontario Map
Of the population in the latter year those of German origin numbered 993, being mostly the offspring of old inhabitants from Pennsylvania. In 1881 the online stock of the town numbered as follows: Livestock, 2,952; steeds, 2,481; lamb, 4,349, and hogs, 2,207.
Among the proprietors of purebred cattle are M. Reaman, Robert Marsh, William Agar, George go now Bell, Peter Frank, Jacob Lakmer and boys, and Edwin Langstaff. The metropolitan documents of Vaughan, which have not been protected further back than 1850, reveal that in that year the council was organized under the brand-new regulation which then carne active by the political election of David Smellie, David Bridgford, John W.
At the first conference held in the area hall in the fifth giving in, J. W. Wager was chosen reeve and David Smellie deputy-reeve, James Ashdown was picked municipality staff, and Nathaniel Wallace, John Stephens and William Doorperson, assessors. At a subsequent meeting, Rev. James Dick was appointed superintendent of Typical Colleges at a salary of 20.
The Single Strategy To Use For Vaughan Ontario To Toronto

Arnold loaded the chair in 1861 and the 2 following years, with William Chef as deputy-reeve. In 18G4 H- S. Howland was again chosen reeve, and proceeded to hold the placement umi] 1868. Alfred Jeffrey was deputy-reeve throughout the former year, and Thos. Graham vaughan on news for 1865-7. In 1868 the reeveship was up to Peter Patterson, and William Hartman and Robert J.
A Biased View of Vaughan Ontario Time
G. J. F. Pearce, who had officiated as town staff and treasurer for almost 10 years, resigned, and Mr. J. M. Lawrence was appointed to prosper him. Mr. Patterson held the reeveship for four years.
The principal metropolitan authorities for 1884 are as follows: Reeve, T. Porter, Humber; 1st deputy-reeve, William Chef, Carville; 2nd deputy-reeve, D. Reaman, Concord; 3rd deputy-reeve, Alexander Malloy, Purple-ville; councillor, George Elliott, Woodbridge; area clerk and treasurer, J. M. Lawrence, Richmond Hillside. Mr - vaughan ontario to toronto. Lawrence is of U. E. Follower origin